Monday, May 23, 2011

Busy week!

So sorry I've been out of the loop this past week - it was a crazy one! 
Early in the week I tried to prepare as much as possible for a baby shower some girlfriends and I were throwing on Saturday morning, because my in-laws came in town Thursday morning. My sister-in-law, Kelley, graduated from nursing school, so we had the convocation ceremony on Thursday afternoon...
Processional

Sweet Kelley right there in the middle!
Kelley getting ready to walk across...

I was in and out of the church the whole time because it was a long ceremony and my little guy was not having sitting still and quiet for that long. Luckily there were many other kids and parents/grandparents doing the same thing. :)
That big smile from my father-in-law is because he is almost done paying for all of his kids' tuition! :) He was definitely happy about that! {only Kelley's DNP schooling is left!}
 Evidence that it was almost 5pm and Mills had not had a nap.
no way, a smile is not happenin'

Jennifer came in town later that night and we all went to High Cotton for a celebratory dinner. Graduation was on Friday morning.
If you look reallllllly closely you can see Darius Rucker {aka Hootie!} was the speaker...just love him.
Kelley graduating!
Unfortunately this is where the pictures end because I had my original lens with me {not my fav 50mm} since I knew I would need the option to zoom in/out - and it was giving me fits! {of course it totally stopped working on Saturday morning - AT the baby shower, SO stinkin' mad!}
Anywho, so Nicholas had Friday off so he was able to go with us, too! After Kelley walked across the stage, Jennifer, Nicholas, Mills and I walked on down to Hominy Grill to put our name down for a table.  It took foreverrrr for everyone to graduate {med school, pt school, pharmacy, mha, etc} so by the time they finished we were already seated and ready to go! Mimosas and breakfast/lunch for everyone - woohoo!
My in-laws headed out on Saturday morning, we had a showing at our house, AND we threw a baby shower brunch for our sweet friend, Liz! Can you say hectic morning?!? :) But it was so much fun! I will have to get some pictures from Liz's mom so I can do a post on the baby shower - and I will also have to get Katie's creme brulee french toast recipe - out of this world!!! :)  I made PW's Strawberry Shortcake Cake - oh my deliciousness! Try it - you will never need to buy a cake from a bakery again! {I used two round cake pans instead of one and cutting it, worked perfectly} It is time-consuming...but totally worth it! And hello....strawberries...healthy! {ha...haha}

I'll announce the winner of the rug tomorrow, friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a busy busy weekend. Are you wonder woman? I strongly have suspicion to believe yes. :)
    much love, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to second the above comment. how do you do it all?;)

    ReplyDelete