We're finally "settled" in {I use that term loosely because we still have quite a few boxes around the house, waiting to be unpacked} our new house, and getting used to our new town.
Yes, we miss Charleston and all of our friends there terribly.
We've officially been in our house for one week, and as of Tuesday we finally have internet and TV - thank the Lord! You'd be surprised how quiet and lonely it can be around a house {even with a toddler and dog} without any background noise...at.all. I happily welcomed Kathie Lee and Hoda back in to my home this morning, and it felt like a normal day again! :)
I forgot how hard moving is...not fun at all. Add in a toddler? Even less fun!
In other exciting news, we also closed on our house in Charleston yesterday. We drove down Tuesday night to get her all cleaned up and ready to go, and pick up a few things we couldn't fit on our big trip, had a late dinner at Cypress, and crashed at Robert and Calee's...I say "crash" because we got there at like 11pm and left the next morning before 8:00. We didn't get to visit for too long, but it was nice to see their sweet faces. It was really sad to drive along Harborview Road and know that it was the last time our house would be "our" house. And "our" Piggly Wiggly, and "our" Starbucks, and all of the usual little routines that we had. However, the emotions were on the back burner at the moment, by the overshadowing dread of taking $40,000 to the bank for closing...yes, you read that right...that extra zero is supposed to be there. We bought in early 2008 when the market was soaring...and now, well let's just say we were thankful to sell our precious little house. I could think of a lot better things to do with $40,000 {A LOT}, but it is what it is, our house is sold, and we're very glad of that! Two mortgages would also be less than fun.
Here is our official listing...notice the "SOLD" status, my friends! :)
So here we are...back in our new town, and I have so much to catch you up on. Now that we're getting adjusted and in somewhat more of a routine, I'm hoping to be blogging regularly again.
See you tomorrow!
{and I promise, with pictures, too!}

Ugh - the pain of bringing a big fat check to closing is pretty fresh to us as well. Very thankful to have sold, but I NEVER want to do that again. Stupid market! Glad y'all are settling in and can't wait to hear how you are!
ReplyDeleteOuch!! But glad you are in your new place and enjoying it! Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on selling even though it was a pain to take the big ole check to closing. Can't wait to see pictures and hope settling in is going well!
ReplyDeleteI looked at your listing, hoping it might say "Not sold, Owners have to come home and stay there" But no- it just made me sad to see that house and knowing you aren't there!! I guess I should say Congrats though, I know you are relieved! And now, at least you have to stay with us when you come visit!! :)
ReplyDelete