or, more specifically...James Phillip "Mills" Wallace, II
That's right, baby boy has an official name! :)
He will be named after his grandfather (thus, the II), and if you're wondering how we got Mills - it's the middle letter of James, middle letters of Phillip, and the 's' comes from the second. So it's the heart of James and the heart of Phillip - my marketing spin, ha! Yes, I realize that he'll probably have to explain it a lot, you know, the first day of school, etc...but Nicholas never minded going by his middle name, and there are plenty of 2nds, 3rds, and on and on that go by all sorts of nicknames (Trey, Tripp, and a gazillion others), and basically, we just like it! There are just so many James and Phillips (Phil's, etc.) in our family, and we wanted our baby to have the meaning and heritage of a family name, but his own unique name at the same time, so there we have it - Mills Wallace.
(I wish I had a scanned pic of the notebook paper page that my sister-in-law used to test out Mills Wallace - it's got everything from how he'll sign his name when he grows up, to how he'll sign his name and sports number, to our family's name on a Christmas card greeting, and everything in between! I could have sworn I had folded it and put it in my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book, but for some reason I can't find it today and I REALLY wanted to post it with this name post...but I promise to do so as soon as I find it again!)
And also, it's this cute, little guy's FIRST BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! So happy birthday, Will!!! Mills can't wait to meet you and have lots of fun in the years to come at Wofford Homecomings, Clemson games, beach trips, mountain weekends, and playdates!
Also, I failed on my blogging duties last week, but this week will hopefully be better! Today I'm 23 weeks, and Nicholas took a belly pic for me tonight that I plan on posting tomorrow! Good night, friends!

What a precious name! We can't wait to meet you, Baby Mills!
ReplyDelete