Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cooper River Bridge WhAt?!?!

That's right, believe it or not I actually did the Cooper River Bridge Run yesterday!  Of course, last year at this time I had run three 5K races and the route of the bridge run twice.  This year??? Well, let's just say that probably the last time I ran was the bridge run LAST YEAR!!! And yes, I'm serious.  I actually wasn't planning on running it this year, but I thought I may walk it....when I went to sign up, it was full. Soooo, on Wednesday Katie told me her dad had decided not to run it with her, so he was overnighting his race bib for me to use (officially I was a 58 year old male named Bob, ha)!  Talk about a last minute decision!  So I started out with the goal of just making the 6.2 miles, but we actually ended up running about 5.5 of it, only walking on the actual  suspension part of the bridge!  I was so proud! Katie was so sweet to stay with me the whole time and keep me encouraged! Last year we ran it in an hour, this year in 1 hour 15 minutes - not too shabby considering our preparation!
The only downside? I can barely walk today!!!!!
WE DID IT!!! :)
The boys weren't exactly on time to meet us at the finish line (evidently they thought we would take a LOT longer), but Nicholas, Mills, and Richard joined us downtown.
Lots of people running have themed outfits or fun and/or serious phrases on the back of their shirts. Katie said I should have put "I have a TWO MONTH OLD" on my back, haha!

With our #1 FAN:
Afterwards, we enjoyed lunch at the rooftop bar (Market Street Pavilion), and celebrated with kobe burgers and lobster and portobello pizza - yummmm!  Thanks, Katie, for being such a great friend!

4 comments:

  1. Go, mama!! I am SO impressed - and hope you're proud. I feel like I should wear an "I have a baby!" sign all the time - just so people know I'm not this spacey in "real" life. Though maybe this is our real life now? Ha ha! Congrats, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun running with you! Again...awesome job for having a 2 month old! I hope I can be like you one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!!! Very proud of you. Can't believe you did it without alot of practice. How did you eat after all that running?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mills was getting a bath while you were running and he "baby talked" that he was very proud of his Mommy! I had a wonderful week keeping my grandson, and I love you so much!
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete