Friday, October 1, 2010

And we're off...

...to a family wedding this weekend in Virginia! 
This will be Mills' first time traveling in an airplane, so please keep our safety {and sanity} in your prayers.  We shall see how this sweet little babe that won't sleep in a pack and play...will do sleeping in a pack and play, in a hotel room, with a babysitter he's never met before (for TWO nights)! Ha, this should be fun...  At least the rehearsal dinner and the wedding/reception are just a short walk away from the hotel, so we can come in earlier if need be. Did I mention to please pray for us?? :)
No, really and truly we are excited to see some of Nicholas' extended family we haven't seen in quite some time...and although we are bummed we won't be at the Miami/Clemson game - our own personal family rivalry (AND Clemson homecoming!!!), we do understand that a wedding is more important.
{kind of}
Totally kidding.
{kind of}
You can bet we'll all have our booties parked in front of the TV for that game at noon though (thank goodness, since it's an evening wedding).
You can also bet we'll all be wearing ORANGE!

Go TIGERS! 

3 comments:

  1. WHEW! Brave parents :). He'll do great though, I just know it! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for y'all - hope the traveling (and sleeping) goes smoothly for all of you. We'll miss you at Homecoming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how you feel about this BUT.... there are these all natural sleepy pills for babies... (see where I'm getting at). They're made by Hylands. (the same company that makes teething tablets) We took Parker on a plane when he was 14 months and he did ok going but terrible coming back. Since then, I've used these a few times in
    emergency situations where he needed to sleep but has having trouble. Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete