Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, Monday

Man, I sure don't miss that Monday work week dread! :)  I have no Monday complaints here - especially since Nicholas works weekends this month (although that's not fun) - Mondays don't even feel like Mondays
We had a nice little day catching up around the house and running some errands and grocery shopping. I actually really like grocery shopping with Mills because he likes to look around at everyone, and I have someone to talk to the whole time!! :)  I tell him everything we've gotta get and what we're going to make. The only problem is when he tries to eat my grocery list...then I have to read between the drops of drool. :) Another plus? He's a kid, so we get a free cookie from the bakery...and momma gets to enjoy it (sorry little buddy)! :)
Our menu plan for the week:
Monday - Chicken with Lemon-Leek Linguine (from Cooking Light)
It was sooo good! In case you've never used any recipes with leeks before (like me)...give it a try!
(my little chopped leek)
I'm definitely on the lookout for more recipes with this ingredient (which I've skipped over before, ha)!
The finished product was delish!
Tuesday - Shrimp Creole (Paula Deen recipe)
Wednesday - Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice (Cooking Light)
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Possible switch with Wednesday (depending on plans with friends) or either out to dinner!
I'm excited about trying some new recipes this week!
After dinner, somebody was very interested in what Daddy was having for dessert...
oooooh, don't tell momma! ;)
It's okay, just a bite or two! :)
Looks like we have a fellow dessert lover on our hands! Uh-oh!
"Who, me???"

1 comment:

  1. Mills, I cannot wait until I can take you for ice cream! Only a few more months!
    love you,
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete