Monday, August 29, 2011

Mills' first day of "school"

Last Wednesday Mills had his first day of "school"...well, Mother's Morning Out to be exact - of course my little booger is not old enough for school...YET!! {Although I have no doubt it will be here in the blink of an eye!}
Bag's all packed {with diapers, wipes, and juice...you know, the necessities}!
"What's this thing, Mommy?"
"I think I kind of like it!!!"
:)
MOST.precious.boy.ever.
And his first day went SO well!  He went right to the sweet ladies {it helped that they were playing OUTSIDE - his favorite}!  We're only doing two hours in the morning, three days a week {technically it's offered for three hours, but my little guy likes to sleep in, and I'm not waking him up for "school" at this point, that's for sure!}, and if I want to have him all to myself more than that, he can stay home, no biggie!  And if I have something to get done around the house or an appointment, we can do an extra day or two - completely flexible and I like that.
Mainly we just wanted him to have a little socialization with some other kiddos his age, and the bonus is that I can actually get some laundry done, floors mopped/swept/vacuumed, etc - it's a win/win!  Really, this little two-hour playtime is just the perfect thing for us.  And the added bonus is that Mills' cousin is in the same "class," so all the way there {all three minutes of the drive}, he says, "Gray! Gray! Gray!" :)
Oh I could just eat him up!

3 comments:

  1. He is precious! My son will be starting preschool in a couple weeks & I cannot believe it! They grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Kirksey will have her first day of daycare tomorrow. Hopefully, it will go just as smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parker went today for orientation and screamed the entire hour... sigh... you're lucky Mills was so great! I'm hoping Parker gets better QUICKLY! It broke my heart!

    ReplyDelete