I met my parents with Mills last Wednesday, and on Thursday morning Nicholas and I flew up to Chicago for our friends' - Ellis and Josh - wedding weekend. We stayed at Ellis' house in Elgin on Thursday night, and enjoyed visiting with all of their friends and family. Her family was SO laid back it was unbelievable! Her parents even had thirty people over for dinner that night and stayed at their neighbors' house so that many of us could sleep at their house...the night before a whole weekend of wedding festivities for their oldest and first-to-be-married daughter - wow, impressive! :)
On Friday we headed to Geneva (all of these towns are suburbs of Chicago) to check into the hotel:
We stayed at the Herrington Inn & Spa, and it was great!
Beautiful views of the Fox River...
{our room}
and fireplaces in every room...ahhh!
And, of course, my favorite part...the milk and cookies turndown service every night. Yes, please!
The guys played golf on Friday while we had the bridal luncheon and got all situated at the hotel. Friday night, of course, was the rehearsal dinner, then I did a little shopping on Saturday while the guys watched football, and got to meet up with Kathy (who flew in EARLY Saturday am)!!! :) Geneva had really cute little shops, and a got a top or two, and Kathy and I got to hit up Anthropologie, too!
Nicholas had said I could have a "spa day" at the hotel, but instead TB was having a Labor Day sale so I decided to trade in my spa day for the boots I've been lusting after...
{They were sold out online in my size, but after calling customer service there was one store in the US left with my size, so I had to call the Dallas store and am looking forward to a shipment from them at some point this week}
I mean, a spa day would be nice - and my back may feel a little better right now - but instead my feet will enjoy these babies for months/years to come... :)
Unfortunately I didn't get one single picture with actual people in it from the weekend {downside of having a nice, but big, camera...and not switching to your little old digital one for special occasions...my lip liner and gloss can fit in Nicholas' pocket. My camera cannot.}
I did, however, find this one of Kath and I on facebook (thanks to Allison). It's tiny; I don't know why.
And what would this post be without a shot of the happy bride and groom?!? Congrats, Ellis and Josh!!!







Dontcha just love Chicago! Sounds like you had a great time! Can't beat milk and cookies before retiring for the evening. BTW, did you find a better deal than 20% off at TB over Labor Day Weekend?
ReplyDeletelooks like fun, LOVE the boots!!!
ReplyDelete