As you know, my Millsy turned two on January 4th, and we had his birthday party this past Saturday. We went with a Green Eggs & Ham Brunch theme because I wanted to do a breakfast/brunch party {which is good timing for Mills' nap schedule}, Mills does love books, and also because I'm sure this is the last year he won't care about a "theme" of Thomas the Train, Roary the Racecar, etc...
He loved all of the decorations {and so did Nicholas, since he's a Miami Hurricane fan, ha!}!
Setting up the beverage stations...we did a mimosa bar, bloody marys, and of course apple juice/orange juice/organic milk boxes for the kiddos!
We had this amazing Creme Brulee French Toast...thanks to Katie! :)
Fresh fruit and applesauce squeezies for the kids.
Deviled green eggs, which my mom made for me when she got here, and I piped the green egg filling in for a decorative touch...plus added pieces of bacon to make it more breakfast-like!
Ham sliders next to the green eggs...for the theme, of course! :) I used the age-old recipe for these babies, that's been around forever, but I followed the one here {but I left off the Miracle Whip and used the King Hawaiian rolls}...although I forgot to sprinkle the poppy seeds on! :)
Thanks to pinterest, for the egg casserole I was trying to decide between this spinach one, and this green chile one...and I went with the spinach one, which was delicious (and surprisingly healthy...I was actually a little worried that it didn't have any butter in it, ha)! Since I already had the ham sliders and sausage balls, I wanted a meatless egg casserole.
And of course you can't go wrong with sausage balls...especially this recipe! I've made them three times in the past month and they've been a hit every time. I just mix all of the ingredients in a big bowl with my {very clean, just washed} hands, and roll them out. One GIANT tip - if you have a pizza stone/stoneware baking sheet, bake them on that...they stick like crazy to a cookie sheet, whether it's greased, ungreased, or lined with parchment paper...if you don't have one, it's worth it to go buy one! :)
We did cupcakes for favors, since the party was until noon...I realize that some people don't eat cupcakes in the morning {crazy fools}! ;)
Between the activity table,
toddler ball pit,
Even the sweet little ones!
Precious little Charlotte!
My MIL and I...
and Betsy!
The birthday boy's 2nd year banner!
This little guy was READY to open some presents...and eat his cupcake!
...And for everyone to sing, "Happy Mees!"
With Pappy and LuLu
And GaGa and BaBa
And great-MaMa
This little guy was a present-opening pro! And thankfully, he also had a lot of help from the other kids!
He wanted to play with his toys and put on his clothes, haha!
Birthday bear and a football...sweet and athletic??? Maybe the next Tim Tebow, haha! ;)
After the party, Mills had a lot of fun playing with our out-of-town friends. We were so thankful to have friends and family from near and far come to celebrate with us!
Cute girls!
With the Schreiners...just found out they're gonna be moving from Charleston to Ohio after Andrew finishes his chief year of residency this summer! :(
family pics {mommy ran out of time getting things ready for the party, and didn't get to straighten her hair, thus the disgustingness that ensued}
Fun with the Schonfelds!
who knows!
beautiful babies
Mills got lots of birthday love from the ladies!
even mommy! ;)
The Schonfelds decided to stay the night {woohoo!} so Mills and Callahan got even more time to hang out together!
And then while I was taking pictures, Mills decided to make his modeling debut, posing up a storm...silly boy! :)
This is what he does when he says, "Mees strong!"
...and blowing kisses!
Haha, this poor two-year-old gets no attention, or love...can you tell?!? :)
We had a great time celebrating these two years of Mills' life and are so thankful - again - for everyone who came to the party to celebrate with us. We can't imagine our lives without this sweet, sweet boy!













What an adorable party! I love your colors and the theme!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Mills! You did an awesome job with his party! All of the details are adorable! You look great, too!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pics! Happy belated Birthday to Mills!
ReplyDeleteNicole, this is the cutest birthday party idea ever. Love it! I need to pin this. ha! Hope you and the boys are doing well. You are missed in Chas! xoxo!
Delete