Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What we've been up to around here...

Let's see...being 38.5 weeks pregnant!
I went to the doctor this morning...no progress.  He said it appears this little guy may be more stubborn than Mills was, so I have to go back on Friday to be checked again and discuss "the options."  My due date is next Thursday, so I'm hoping he'll choose to make his own debut between now and then!  I didn't have to be induced with Mills, and everything went SO smoothly, so I'm kind of hesitant of the whole induction process {somebody out there tell me that you had just as pleasant of an experience after being induced in case I end up having to be...please???}.  But the doctor said I'm measuring "at full capacity" - so we'll see!
Mills reading a magazine to Pay-Pay the bear while she uses it...not that he's been using it this week, haha.
Playing an intense game of Angry Birds on Daddy's phone...
"Oh, hey Mommy!"
Back to the game...
Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Saturday morning, while sitting in this little Build-a-Bear car, haha.  Mickey Mouse {aka "Mimi Mouse"} has become a new favorite around here.  By the way this little guy is totally putting together sentences now...last night he said, "Uh-oh, Mommy, Jack fell off the truck" while riding his choo-choos on his Zig the Big Rig truck.  He also likes to use the words "first" and "too" a lot right now...like "Mees get juice first," or "Mommy ride in the golf cart, too???"  And he also likes to ask the same question over.and.over.and.over.again.  :)
Saturday night out on the town...at Lowe's.  The "mawnmowers" are always a big hit with this kiddo.
Followed by dinner at Mellow Mushroom.  Mills LOVES pizza, and this was him finishing off my greek salad, notice the green pepper in hand - he was a big fan of dipping the green peppers and carrots in the greek dressing - yum!
And then last night I made my first attempt at cooking ribs - and they were surprisingly easy and delicious!  Plus I made this recipe for mac & cheese - yum!  My box of macaroni pasta wasn't quite a pound - which the recipe called for - so I threw in a little extra wagon wheel pasta that I had leftover in the pantry.  Mills had a lot of fun searching for the wagon wheels and eating them, ha!  I'll have to remember that for other dishes as well!
Hope your week is off to a good start as well!

5 comments:

  1. I was induced with both of my kids and it was so easy...so if that ends up being the route you have to take, don't worry about it!! :) Cute pics, as always! Have a good week! -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable pregnant! NOT FAIR! I was induced and it went very quickly and easily-I only pushed for about 45 minutes!! Either way I am sure will be perfect!
    Love the lawnmower picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I was induced last June and it was nice and quick and none of horrible contractions that people tend to warn about with inductions. It was surprisingly easy! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was induced with Whit and I'm terrified of having a c-section with my next. When I was induced, it was FABULOUS. We got up and had breakfast and I got ready, they started the pitocin and had to stop because I started having the contractions on my own then. I pushed for maybe 20 minutes and he was out. I would not mind doing that again but the thrill of rushing to the hospital is also kind of exciting too ; ) Good luck! It will go well I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much for the positive induction stories...makes me feel so much better about things if that's the road we have to take!! Keep them coming, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete