Normally people are thrilled when Friday rolls around, myself included, but not this Friday because it's my last day of maternity leave...and who would want to leave this sweet little face all day long???
NOT ME!!!
And what better way to be thrown back into the working world then with a week full of meetings?!? Bleh! But luckily my mother-in-law is keeping Mills next week (Lulu!), my mom is coming to keep him the following week (Gammy!), and then he's gonna be bouncing around with friends the next week, because once April comes around I'm taking an additional 4-6 weeks off with him (long story, but I've been with my current company for a year in April, so that's when I'm eligible for {unpaid} FMLA leave, so instead of taking my leave all at once, I have to break it up). But the good news is as hard as it's gonna be to go back next week, at least I have that light at the end of the tunnel - more time with my sweet little love in April! :)
Nicholas had the day off yesterday, so after I fed Mills early in the morning, I laid Mills next to Nicholas and went downstairs to pump. When I came back up, this is what I saw:
sweetest sight in the whole wide world!
we enjoyed some good ole family time, and went to dinner (thanks to the camera timer and our mantle we actually have a family pic!). I should also note that on a day off, we got up at 8:30 AM and when we got in bed, I looked at the clock and it was 9:30!!! Umm, have you met me??? I *used to be able to* sleep til noon and stay up til 2 or 3 am! Welcome to the "new normal." We're now like an 80 year old couple, haha!
Today we enjoyed lunch with Calee and Finley downtown, and Mills and I took a nap together this afternoon. And we played lots.
And evidently he was exhausted because after I fed him again I sat him on the pillow for two seconds and he fell asleep on my leg, haha.
Oh how I LOVE spending days with him! I hope this weekend goes by
v e r y s l o w!
v e r y s l o w!



Such cute pictures! Going back to work is so hard but at least you have another break to look forward to!! I feel you on the early bedtime - Jason and I are usually in bed by 9:00.
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow!!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh what a precious angel! My little one did the sleeping with daddy thing this weekend too, but my husband was like, "DO NOT dare post those of me passed out!" Ha!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, ya'll are the cutest family ever! You look fantastic for recently having a baby! You go girl!
ReplyDelete