So, we're the proud owners of TWO homes...exciting, right?!?
{sense the sarcasm...}
:)
We decided to buy a house in our new town, instead of building right away. Until we know what we really want and where exactly we want it to be, this was just a better decision. And, we found a house with really good bones, for a great price, but it needs a liiiiiiiiittle work. Just some updates here and there as it was built in the early 80's, and a major deep cleaning. We'll leave it at that.
The hardwoods are wide and beautiful - throughout the whole house. And the back porch is fabulous, with a good-sized back yard and view of the pond (or "lake" as they call it around there, hehe). It's got TONS of potential and I can't wait to share it with you along the way.
Now if we could just sell our house here...but I digress...
I've selected all of the paint colors except for the master bedroom at this point. I'm trying to decide on the bedding first, then build the room around that. I'm leaning towards the third option, and painting the bedroom a light green {either Benjamin Moore Urban Nature, Soft Fern, Mosaic Glass, or Saybrook Sage...anyone have any experience with any of those colors, btw???}, but I figured I'd throw them all out there. The floors are dark hardwood and the room only has three small windows, so it's a little dark and I want it to be brightened up!
Option #1, DwellStudio from Layla Grayce
Love the updated pattern, only concern is that these colors will be used on the main floor a good bit, but no deal-breaker!
Option #2, from Serena & Lily
Super bold and fun with the navy and orange...but too bold and fun?? Whatcha think?
Option #3, Sienna Paisley from Pottery Barn
Like the light, airy feeling, and I'd probably use the sandalwood (tan) pickstitch quilt like pictured below:
Close-up detail swatch.
Or does it not pack enough punch?
What do you think, friends??? I would love some input - opinions are greatly appreciated! :)








I vote for # 2. Love the bold look.
ReplyDeleteI love two and three, but if you want a more relaxing feel, I would go with the third one. Would you read or do other things in there? I think three is cutest.
ReplyDeleteI love #2 but #3 is pretty too!
ReplyDeleteI love both #2 and #3 but I think for a relaxing, spa like bedroom feel.. I would go with #3.
ReplyDeletei like the 3rd, it looks a lot like what we have in the guest room. I feel like it blends really well and goes with a lot, but you could also make the colors pop if you wanted to. that is my opinion if I actually was okay with the idea that you are moving- which i am not. ;)
ReplyDeletei LOVE option 1!! however, i love me some pottery barn as well. where are yall moving to?
ReplyDeleteI like 3 the best. You definitely want to be able to relax in your bedroom!
ReplyDelete2 would stress me out (because of the pattern and too much of the same color). ha! 1 would look good with a classic driftwood grey walls, photos framed, matted in white and a perfect citrine colored lamp with a white shade. GORGEOUS. 3 would look good with celadon green walls. let us know what you decide. i like #1 best. xoxo!
ReplyDeleteps - love the interior decorating posts. i'm considering taking decorating classes at night at trident tech.
ReplyDeleteI love 2 but i agree that 3 might be better for a nice relaxing bedroom esp with that cozy quilt!
ReplyDeletei REALLY love option #1!! it looks so chic and cozy at the same time!! and i love gray and yellow together :)
ReplyDeleteall 3 are great though!
Like 2 best but like them all!
ReplyDelete