As you know, I started back to work last week, and Nicholas had the week off, so he kept Mills at the prestigious Daddy Daycare. :) He kept referring to himself as "the manny." haha!
I think the boys had lots of fun together.
"What, Mom? Dad didn't play any video games while you were at work all day long...I promise."
hehe
would you look at that serious gaming face?!? :)
I loved coming home to my sweet boys each day - it made my first week back to work so much better!
Did I mention that I love those chunky legs??? :)
We enjoyed dinner with Pappy at Cypress on Friday night...Mills was an absolute angel the entire time - he just looked around the whole time!
And then on Saturday and Sunday we had some sweet family time downtown, enjoying the beautiful weather!
We took our lunch out to Waterfront Park...Mills enjoyed his lunch, too!
There was a short little rain shower, and then this:
How beautiful!!! And it reminded me of this:
And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."
-Genesis 9:12-17
what a gorgeous reminder!
And after our beautiful afternoon, we enjoyed dessert at Kaminsky's!
This is Mills refusing to look at the camera, ha!
So what does this post have to do with Separation Anxiety Disorder???
Well this is what I have {jokingly} diagnosed our sweet baby boy with - its onset? Just the past couple of days! It started on Friday afternoon when Kelley kept him for an hour, and after Nicholas walked out of the front door, he LOST HIS MIND!!! We're talking SCREAMING!!! When I came home, he was absolutely FINE. Coincidence? I think not. Then, on Saturday, Nicholas handed him to his dad and ran outside to do something...when Nicholas got out of his sight, he freaked out. Of course our new nanny started yesterday {which by the way, thank you so much, Anna, for helping us find her!!!} and she's GREAT, but when he woke up and didn't see either of his parents, he LOST IT! He was high-maintenence all morning long for poor Sloan! And again, Kelley kept him last night while we went out for our anniversary dinner - she said he was fine for about 20 minutes, then he realized neither of us were there, and again, started screaming. :( It's great that he now definitely knows who we are, but such a pain for whoever is keeping him!!! :( I feel SO bad! Luckily, Sloan said he was MUCH better today, not freaking out at all. I waited until he woke up to leave, so maybe that helped, but hopefully once he gets used to her he will be just fine. I'm sure it's just a phase, but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!! :)
And as for our anniversary dinner, we had a delicious meal at Anson...
...and a FABULOUS time!
Would you believe it was our first time out with just the two of us since Mills was born?!?! We've been out with other couples without babies, and out with just the two of us and Mills, but this was our first official hot date! :)
(of course we talked about him the whole time, haha!)
Afterwards we walked to Kaminsky's (yes, again!) for dessert and and a drink!
We enjoyed the wonderful evening!
Nicholas being silly while walking and chatting downtown...
haha, i just love him!
We exchanged cards when we got back home (and got the little guy back to sleep) and I had made his very favorite dessert, which we saved for today:
Key Lime Pie - yum yum!
(ps, it's the easiest and BEST recipe in the whole wide world, thanks to my mother-in-law!)
Cheers to a great night, and {hopefully soon} overcoming separation anxiety! :)





Love your photos from the weekend. And yes, my husband would be doing the same thing, sports watching while sitting with E, if he were at home. Glad y'all had a great date night! We love ours when we can get them, once in a blue moon! :)
ReplyDeleteOk, I have to ask- recipe, please? :)
ReplyDeleteYou have such a gorgeous family! I love those photos of your boys playing video games together - so freaking cute!
ReplyDeleteJameson has that same zebra outfit Mills is wearing, it is adorable!! I'm so glad you two had a Happy Anniversary! :)
ReplyDelete