In other news, I need your help on a car seat decision. I've decided to go with the BOB stroller (and the infant car seat adapter) instead of an entire travel system, because I really think I'll get more use out of it as it goes up to 70 pounds and will be great for walks and runs (more sturdily built, great reviews, etc). And with the adapter I'll still have the ease of taking the baby straight from the car to the stroller. So there are only a few options for car seats that are compatible with this system. The Britax one has been discontinued and so I'm down to the Graco Snugride or Safeseat. The snugride is the more basic car seat, has more color options, and is about 7.5 lbs (2 lbs lighter than the safeseat) but takes the baby up to 22 lbs (as where the safeseat takes baby up to 30 lbs). The safeseat has much better reviews, and again accommodates 97% of babies to over 1 yr old, but does weigh a little more (9.5 lbs). There are two color/fabric options that may work for the snugride, and only 1 that works for the safeseat (but i really like it, just want to make sure it's gender neutral and not overly feminine) - which brings me to another point, I DO want something that is gender neutral and doesn't clash with the colors of the BOB stroller. Decisions, decisions...
I should mention that I want the BOB in the light blue/chocolate color combo, as shown here:
Two Graco Snugride options:
Graco SafeSeat option:
Thoughts??? :)





I vote safeseat. Stick with what the reviews say are good! Also, the paisley goes boy or girl!
ReplyDeleteLove the BOB! Great choice... you'll enjoy it much more than a travel system. Don't let the weight limit be your decision maker. You will NOT want to be carrying around a 22 lb. baby in a carrier. I couldn't wait to get rid of it! We moved Lily up to the next car seat pretty early. The carrier was killing my arm every day. Her second car seat was the Britax Marathon, and it faces backward and forward. Plus, she could sit up more in it and enjoyed the view better than her carrier! BTW, do you have a Lily Pod yet? It is a life saver for your arm when you're carrying the car seat around everywhere. You look great! Hope you're feeling as wonderful as you look.
ReplyDeleteWow - those are tough decisions! I don't know a thing about any of them! I DO know that we LOVE our Britax Marathon (for when baby Mills is a bit older). It's a great carseat with wonderful reviews. I agree with Leah though, I seriously love the paisley, too :).
ReplyDelete