...or maybe I should say oh what an evening it has been...the whole day part wasn't so bad. So... I decided to be a good mommy to this sweet one,
and take her for a little walk. Of course she used the bathroom before we left our own yard, but as she always does, she got the urge again towards the end of our walk. In an effort not to have to run back to the house to get a grocery bag then have to go pick up her "surprise" in someone else's yard, I strategically walked her into one of the middle round-abouts in our neighborhood (b/c it's all pine straw and bushes and you don't have to pick it up there!)...well it seemed like a good idea, and it has worked before...but not this time. She took care of her business, but decided to take a different route coming back to me, around a bush. I tried and tried to talk her into going back around the way she came (b/c there were a few bushes all together and I couldn't get between them), but no, instead my sweet little lamb ran around the bush AGAIN! And to make matters worse it was some kind of prickly bush! I let go of my side of the leash, and tried pulling as hard as possible from her side....long story short, after about 10 minutes of grueling effort in the dark, I unhooked her, left the leash, and held onto her collar and walked hunched-over back to our house. Awesome. My sweet husband was still at work, but I'm sure he won't mind going to fetch the leash tomorrow morning! :)
So I made a quick trip to the grocery store, then came back and cleaned out the refridgerator. I had some homemade red pepper tomato basil soup still in there that I made two weeks ago (yuck, i know), and there was still one serving of lasagna left that needed to go. Nicholas came right in from work and said, "oh, i'll take care of that stuff," and popped it right into the garbage disposal...which didn't turn on. He hit the reset button...no luck, only a dull hum...then he had to stuff his hand back down the drain to pull out everything he had put in...gross. The whole kitchen smelled like the ghost of dinners' past, so I had to light every candle in the house. This is what it looked like (note: if you have a weak stomach do not scroll down):
Mmmmm, yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! Luckily after another call to Mom and Phil, Nicholas used a socket wrench to 'unstick' the disposal blades, and came to tell me the good news that he fixed it while I was taking a hot bath...my night got a lot better very quickly! :) So now I'm all clean and refreshed, about to enjoy a new episode of Criminal Minds with the hubby!
Oh, and I hit the 27 week mark yesterday! I promise a belly pic update for week 28! And I don't know if you happened to notice that little ticker up there at the top, but the countdown is less than 100 days now - almost less than 90 now - that's crazy!! More to come later this week, I'm exhausted!!! Night!
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment