Friday, October 2, 2009

Updates galore!!!

So it's been a little while....whew, and I'm exhausted!!! Work, traveling, and trying to make baby decisions have all been keeping me busy! Actually, so much so that I'm updating this blog via I-26...haha, gotta love technology, right? (believe me, my company provides this handy dandy little wireless card, but it has its pros AND cons...aka, the mentality that not only can you blog from anywhere/anytime, but you can also WORK from anywhere/anytime!)
So this Tuesday marked 26 WEEKS! The little guy now measures about 14 inches and weighs about a pound and two-thirds - according to babycenter he's about the size of an 'English hothouse cucumber,' to be exact - hey, some of these fruits/veggies get a little out there as we go along!  I had my monthly dr. appt on Wednesday and in the past 5 weeks (week 21-week 26) I have gained 4 more pounds and she did the little fundal height measurement (where they measure your belly vertically) and said we were "right on" at 27 weeks (although I was 26 weeks, Nicholas said within a week is still considered on target).  Good news! 
In other good news, I drank the flat version of this:

(the oral glucose test solution), and I PASSED! :)  Woohoo for no gestational diabetes, that's for sure! So everything seems to be running smoothly at this point, thank you Lord!
Sorry for the boring post today, but I'll try to update later w/ some pics from Nicholas' 28th bday, Danielle and Sam's wedding in CT, beach weekend, and Wofford homecoming (which is where we're headed now)...I think it may feel a little different being pregnant at a frat house, ha, definitely a first for sure! This weekend will be Mills' first stop on college tour 2009 - Wofford this weekend and Clemson in a few weeks - he has two choices (well, in SC, that is! Out of state he can go wherever he wants)! :)  Ok, I'm getting carsick now and I'm gonna have my first pregnancy vomit if I'm not careful - no good! :P
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment