The Heards came over for dinner last night and we enjoyed some tacos and fun! :) They just live a few houses down so they enjoyed a festive walk in the wintery weather! We couldn't get the babe out in the snow (although I did joke with my mom for a few minutes that I had Mills out making snow angels in the front yard for a photo opp, because "mom...how could I not document his first snow??? I mean, really??? I had him bundled up!!!" She was afraid of how she raised me for a few seconds...haha!), so this is the only family pic we managed to get...and you can't even see the SNOW!!!
...but we'll remember it was snowing, that's all that really matters, right???
At least you can see it in the background here
And since I am my mother's daughter...and I did, indeed, want to document the occasion of Mills' first SNOW, I made a little snowman just for him!
(since this was last minute, I have to tell you the things I rounded up for this little guy - twigs for the arms (obvi), permanent marker for the scarf and mouth, an orange sprinkle (which I had to dig out of a bottle of multicolored sprinkles) for the nose, chocolate chips for the eyes, and the lid to ground black pepper for the hat...all secured on with VASELINE, haha!!!!)
Unfortunately I waited until this afternoon when a lot of the snow had already melted, but I did take a few pics...
And thankfully Kelly made it back safely to Columbia before the snow came in, but she came down to meet Mills and we met for lunch yesterday at Basil (yum yum, and we missed you, Kath!).
Mills and Aunt Kelly!
It was so nice to catch up! We miss our Columbia friends and supper club!!!
Hope you had a little fun in the snow! Can you believe it snowed in 49 states yesterday!?!?
In a few years Mills will be LOVING snow days!!!



Oh I just love that sweet boy! That snowman was hilarious/amazing! Let me know about this week :)... hopefully nothing will keep us from seeing you guys... not colds, not snow, not anything!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I was so big on "firsts" and passed this on to you! I was sad that the bad weather made me miss Mills' first Valentine's Day, and this made my day! What a cute snowman and cuter little man! Love You!
ReplyDeleteGammy