Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sweetest 1 Month Old!

Happy 1 Month Birthday, Mills!
What are you up to???
-As the pediatrician told us, you should be "an eating, sleeping, and pooping machine." Check. :)
-You eat - a lot! I've mostly been nursing so it's hard to quantify the amount, but the two times I pumped and your dad gave you the bottle, you laughed at the 3-4oz (okay, not literally, but you wanted MORE).
-You have been sleeping longer at night (sometimes even 5 hours or more straight!) over the past week, but it also takes you longer to fall asleep after I feed you for the last time and it's time to go to bed (about an hour). That's when I'm usually the most tired, but I think you like to be a night owl (like your parents usually are)!
-Just yesterday you really started looking at me when I get close to your face, and focusing in. Three times in the past two days you've smiled really big when I got close to you and started talking...don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I'll take it! ;)
-You really like bath time! The very first time you cried a little bit at the beginning, but since then you seem to enjoy it...your eyes get really big and you just look around.
-You like to make funny faces. My favorite is the lips puckered but very serious face...haha...well, second to the smile of course.
-You smiled for the first time at a mere 4 days old. :) Mainly it's after you've eaten and are falling asleep, but you've just started smiling with your eyes open now, too.  And the smiles are getting bigger. Haha, I love seeing your little gums poke through!
-We battled our first bout with diaper rash...and we won!!!  For now... 
-You've been out to eat 4 times (for the first time at 12 days old), on a few walks around the neighborhood (it's cold though, so we haven't been on as many as I'd like), to the grocery store, and shopping (well actually just Bed Bath & Beyond b/c I had to grab some coffee, but hey, that counts!).
-We've started doing tummy time and you like it for about 3-5 minutes until you get mad. You have a really strong little neck and always try to hold your head up for as long as you can (and you've been doing that since the day you were born - but you're a LOT better at it now). 
-Your hair, just today, has started coming out just a teeny bit in the front in little patches...so we'll see what happens. You have a good bit of hair in the back and it's cute and curled up like your daddy's.
-Over the past week you've started staying up more during the day, and you just look around at everything, especially lights. The night time is when you get a little bit fussy, but you're probably just tired from such a busy day taking in all of the new things, right? 
-You are still wearing mostly newborn clothing...I can't wait for you to be able to wear your 0-3 months clothing so we can play dress-up with all of your cute outfits! :) You have moved up to size 1 diapers.
-We think you're the cutest thing we've ever seen and we love you so much! :)  (Harley says she loves you too, she's just still getting used to you taking over her attention and keeping her up at night, ha!)

So I took a few pictures of him in the chair to document the one month birthday, and at first he was so in awe of the lion that he kept staring at it...
And I also made cupcakes for the occasion! Only because he asked for them, because, seriously, what birthday celebration is complete without cupcakes and sprinkles?!?!
We decided to share one with sister Harley
Hangin with Dad
"Okay, mom, enough pictures for today!"
Oh, but one last one of him sleeping earlier today...he loves to lounge around! (and remember, you can always click on the pics to enlarge...don't you just want to squeeze that cute bootie!?!?)
We love this sweet 1 month old baby boy!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it has been a month and I stil haven't met him!! I can't wait for Friday!!!!

    xoxo,
    "Aunt" Kelly (not the real Aunt, but the friend Aunt) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how in the world did one month happen already!!! so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad I can't be there today to hold that precious boy! He can even spit up all over me if he wants to :).

    ReplyDelete