Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just Jump!

Hope you all had a nice, long, and celebratory Memorial Day Weekend! We sure did! Unfortunately I only took just a few pictures, but we headed to Nicholas' parents house for the weekend, and Nicholas and I went to Carowinds on Saturday. Yes, we're 10 year olds... :)  We just wanted some thrilling fun, and surprisingly enough it was our first time to a theme park together...can you believe that?!? We were going to go to Disney World last summer when we were in Florida, but I was pregnant and Nicholas said he didn't want to ride all of the "fun rides" without me. :)  So anywho, I learned that Nicholas is a FRONT-seat roller coaster rider...as in he likes to be in the front for every single one, haha - I usually just take the shortest line! But we rode everything in the front and it was definitely a rush! We rode the new Intimidator roller coaster and it was really the best one we've ever ridden - so smooth and at 80 mph, pretty thrilling! UNfortunately, Nicholas lost a very important item on our last ride (well, it wasn't going to be our last until this happened!) - ahem, his WALLET! We don't know if it dropped into one of the many ponds below, or into someone's hands (and pocket!), but we both felt a little nauseous after the last ride {which was laying on our backs and going backwards...bleh!} and I spent the ride home calling the banks and credit card company...awesome. Oh my silly sweet husband. But I kept reminding him how much worse it could have been - hey, we could have lost our wedding rings or my "push present" earrings!!
We enjoyed the rest of the weekend with family and celebrating Jennifer's 27th birthday! Happy Birthday, Aunt Jesser! :)
And we enjoyed the pool at Lulu and Pappy's house!
Too bad there was a storm the night before, so the pool was a little too dirty for swimming (well, except for Harley, of course)!
But Daddy did let Millsy-bear get a feel for the water again!
We're hoping to start swimming lessons when Mills is old enough - 6 months - how cute and fun will that be?!? (obviously it's with a parent!)
The water was a little warmer in the hot tub...
And now we're just back in Chucktown getting back in the swing of things with this cute little monkey!
Aunt Kelley came over to play last night, too!
And Mills is still "enjoying" his rice cereal...kind of, haha...
He makes it quite difficult to feed him as he's squirming around in the bumbo seat...I imagine this will only get tougher. ;)
I sure do love that messy face.
And oh my goodness he is laughing all the time now and I am loving it!!! I can't wait to get home to him every single day! Sloan is doing a great job keeping him and she makes me feel so at ease because I know he's in good hands!
Of course as soon as I took this video below he started cracking up at me...I promise to get a laughing video asap. Every time we look away and then look back at him he loses it laughing...ahhh I LOVE it.
Little Millsy just bouncin' around...

2 comments:

  1. Well hello there!!
    You know, this blogging business has reinforced to me what a small world it really, truly is. I have "run into" so many people I had no idea even had blogs since i've started. (which is only like a month and a half ago) I am definitely loving life with baby Carter. The last 3 weeks with him have flown by! Mills continues to be adorable as ever and full of personality :).
    yes- CHEERS to the end of 2nd year of Residency- 2 down 3 more to go... euughh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see that sweet boy's gummy smile! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete