Friday, July 9, 2010

I SURVIVED! And finally our 4th fun!

Yes, thank the good Lord in Heaven above, I survived the dreaded dentist appointment I posted about yesterday! I was feeling a little loopy from the meds, but the cavity was not all the way to the nerve, so one Valium and three shots to the mouth later, I couldn't feel a thing! I slept pretty much all day (luckily Nicholas was able to come home early), and other than a little soreness, all is good.  What an answer to prayers!
We had a great 4th of July weekend in the mountains, but as I mentioned previously, I forgot my camera (mother of the year, right?)!!! So needless to say these gas station disposable camera pics aren't exactly the highest quality (that's an understatement), but you get the idea.  Before I got the camera, we enjoyed some super fun pool time and Mills had a blast splashing away! Here are some pics from the actual 4th:
our little festive fam!
and one more...
With the grandparents!
Pappy, Lulu, Nicholas, Mills, me, Jane, and Papa (Nicholas' grandparents)

Harley was feeling a little left out I suppose...
Sans Harley girl:
Mills and Pappy earlier in the day, hanging out before all of the festivities began...
Then Pappy and Lulu kept Mills (because he was taking a nap) while we headed to the country club for dinner, shagging (the band was great!), and the kids had tons of activities to enjoy!
(gross pic of me, but it's the only one I had from the event! With Betsy and Madison!)
Then we headed back to the house! Alto's whole extended family was there, so there were lots of people hanging out, and even more kids running around! :)
This sweet little guy, Robert, wanted to have his picture with the "baby." He told his mom he wanted her to have another baby that could be his. She said, "sorry, buddy" (haha, he's the youngest of three boys)! :)
Jane bought matching 4th of July shirts for Dylan and Mills! (Mills also has a cute festive onesie that his Gammy got him, but he wore that one pre-disposable camera purchase, so we'll have to stage another shot!) :)

Sweet boys in their red, white, and blue! Dylan is SO good with Mills!

fuzzy but cute:
 Aunt Betsy and I with our boys:
With Lulu, too!
Luckily I got to watch an AMAZING firework show at Alto's cousin's house the night before, because Mills was a little out of his element in a different place, and while I was laying down with him, trying to console him and get him to sleep, I missed all of the 4th fireworks on the mountain...oh well, maybe next year! :)
I am so grateful and feel so blessed to have been born, raised, and live in the United States of America. I think it is something that is so easily taken for granted.  Although belated, a few thoughts to reflect on nonetheless...
"...And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA" 
-Lee Greenwood
"Intelligence, patriotism, Christianity, and a firm reliance on Him, who has never yet forsaken this favored land, are still competent to adjust, in the best way, all our present difficulty." 
– Abraham Lincoln
"The things that the flag stands for were created by the experiences of a great people. Everything that it stands for was written by their lives. The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history." 
- Woodrow Wilson
 My God!  How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!  
~Thomas Jefferson
"We have this day restored the Sovereign to Whom all men ought to be obedient. He reigns in heaven and from the rising to the setting of the sun, let His kingdom come."
- Samuel Adams, 1776 (at the signing of the Declaration of Independence)
“God bless America, land that I love,
Stand beside her, and guide her,
Through the night, with the light from above,
From the mountains, to the prairies
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home,
God bless America! My Home Sweet Home!” 
–Irving Berlin
And on our way back to Charleston, my family drove up to Hendersonville to meet us right off the interstate at Cracker Barrel for a late lunch (aka Gammy wanted to see Mills-bear)!! :) We were so glad they took the time to do that!
Yay, Cousin Peyton!

...without her two front teeth!!! :)
Gammy (mom), Aunt Myra, me, MaMa, Mills, and Peyton!

Mills didn't want Peytie to leave...
But he figured at least he'll see her next month!
And I spent the rest of the ride home between the front seat and this spot:
(as I did on the way up)
Hey, a baby's gotta eat, even on the road!
Harley didn't seem to mind... :)
And just because I had to finish off the last few pics to get this snazzy camera developed...
Hope your 4th was fabulous, friends!

3 comments:

  1. So happy your dentist appointment went okay! I've never had a cavity either so I felt very empathetic!

    You and your family are cuter than words. Where are your blue and white heels from? I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you survived! :) Miss that sweet boy! And Peyton's hair cut is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures with Nicholas' family........you and Jane look so much alike..she has to be kin to you! I hope my lucky thumb sizzle helped get you through the ordeal at the dentist....but I think it was more the prayers I was saying for you! Love you all!
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete