Saturday, July 10, 2010

Salty kisses and sandy toes!

Man it's nice to live near the beach! :) Sometimes I forget with Nicholas' busy work schedule, but he only had to go in for a few hours this morning so we headed out to Kiawah with the Schonfelds for a fun-filled afternoon! It's a little bit farther than the other beaches around, but it's worth it! (And Harley agrees, as dogs are welcome year round!)
Would you check out this cool kid???
"I'm ready, mom!"
All we need is some baby croakies...
Sweet girl and her mommy
Poor little thing was teething somethin' awful... :(
...but she still managed to get some playtime in!
As did the Millsy-bear!
And would you look at that BIG GIRL standing up?!?
(By the way this was happening right as the guys headed back to the car to grab some things and our tent almost blew away...luckily this really nice guy came over to help out the poor mommas in distress!)
Can you see the wind-a-blowin'???
Shovels are yummy!
Mills loved the water. He's been to Folly and North Myrtle, but this was the first time he was really interested in playing in the sand/water.
 
He loved splashing with his hands (like he does in the bathtub!) and picking up the sand. He ended up with sand all over his face, paci, and pretty much the rest of him! Luckily, he didn't seem to mind!
Sweet boy with his sweet daddy!
Then we did a little more playing under the tent...
Mills decided to take his hat off for a while...
why?
...so he could eat it, of course!
After all, what other reason is there???
He was also quite concerned that Callahan was upset...b/c her poor little gums were hurting.
Sweet father/daughter shot...
Mills says, "This is my beach babe look."
Oh, and our other child had quite a "ball" too! :)
She and Rosie were just a little tired...
Of course, as we've learned, going to the beach with babies is a little different than it used to be for us...there's no "packing light," that is for sure!
Luckily, the BOB strollers came in handy for lugging everything in and out...oh, and for baby napping, too!
We thought this looked like the perfect advertisement! :)
These sweet babes were zonked - hey, playing at the beach all day is exhausting...
(oh and I also have to point out that since Mills is such a little cuddler, he had to have something to snuggle with before he would fall asleep...that's why he has my cover up - ahhh, love him!)
Hope your Saturday was just as much fun as ours! 
I heart weekends.

5 comments:

  1. toooooo cute!!!! Good grief I need to see that boy before he starts high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beach pictures! My favorite is the one with his feet up- I could eat those sweet toes up! Mills is growing up so fast!!!!! We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys had such a great weekend! I am so happy you and Leah can get together with your children....unforgetable times! Those kids are adorable!
    Love you,
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mills is absolutely adorable. I love the picture of him snuggling with your cover up, just precious. The Bob strollers really would be the perfect advertisement. "Use this stroller and your child will always drift fast asleep." Looks like a fun fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the BOB pictures! I have so many preggo friends and I tell every one of them to not even consider looking at other strollers! ha ha Mills is, as always, precious!

    ReplyDelete