Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh the weekends go by so quickly!

Although backtracking a little bit, I wanted to recap our Friday night, because we had some major things happen.

#1
We had dinner at a tres fancy Charleston restaurant with the Yoes...although it boasts quite an elite crowd, you may have heard of it...Ruby Tuesday! :)
{Hey, ya can't beat that salad bar - yum-o! And who knew Robert was such a VIP that they prepare a meal for him that's not even on the menu anymore...I knew our friends were high rollers...}
Mills was clearly ready for the occasion.

#2
Mills got turned down at a bar/restaurant for the first time. Evidently they thought his ID was fake, or something like that. Bogus bouncers... :)
Ha! We've taken him to the rooftop bar before, but we've always gone earlier than 8pm, which apparently you have to have an ID for thereafter...yes, even if you're only drinking milk.

It kind of reminded me of that scene from Sweet Home Alabama (pardon the language, it's a movie quote)...
"You have a baby... in a bar."
"Hell, I got three more at home. But this one's still on the tit, so I can cart him anywhere."

Bahahaha, oh how I love that movie. Top 5 fav for sure.
Anywho, don't worry, we weren't planning on staying out all night with Mills, we were just grabbing a few drinks with friends. So we had to settle for a second choice location, Cypress. Poor us, I know.

Neat shot outside of Vendue, where Mills got dissed...

On to #4
We enjoyed drinks and dessert with some divine friends. :)
Calee and Mills!
Calee and I...and our delish Irish coffees...
And Katie and Richard showed up, too (sorry, Richard, no pic of you!) :(

#5
And the most newsworthy story of all...
Sophie the Giraffe has developed a habit.
You see, all was well and good between these BFFs...
And then Daddy haphazardly sat Sophie down like this, and, well, she didn't hate it.
She was downing that peach mojito like nobody's business...
Then, FIVE MINUTES LATER...
...a trend had begun. Now she was on to fancy, high-gravity beer. Seriously, Sophie?!? NOT cool.
Clearly, Mills was HORRIFIED!!!
And before we knew it, she was in the Irish coffee, too!
Needless to say, she had to be carried out. It was quite embarrassing, really.
She is currently grounded and Mills has been showing her the straight and narrow by chewing on her legs, one at a time, ever since.
She's expected to make a full recovery.
Teeheehee.
We had a great night with friends. Here's to wishing the weekends were just a little longer!

5 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard my eyes are watering!
    Thanks for starting my day off on a fun note! Love you,
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are SO the cutest friend ever!!! I can't stop laughing :) love what u did with Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can not believe Mills got carded at The Rooftop... ridiculous.
    I am laughing so hard at Sophie and her habit... those baby giraffes- gotta watch them closely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is hilarious! We have an alligator named "Allen" who seems to be the equivalent to your Sophie. They'd be a match made in plastic animal toy heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was amazing, Sophie could be a bad influence! Poor Mills getting denied! its like a flash forward to him at twenty :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete