Monday, July 12, 2010

note to self:

Despite the fact that you used to be practically unaffected by caffeine, and could drink gallons of coffee close to bedtime and never notice, drifting off to dreamland like a baby highly ambien-induced individual...things have changed. Your decision to drink two cups of coffee between 10:30 and 11:30 last night was brutal.  Don't do it again. Thanks in advance.

Ugh. The last time I remember looking at the clock it said 4:10am. I wanted to cry.

Of course prior to going to bed I was doing lots of administrative work that I needed to catch up on, and some not-so-much work...checking out some online sales.
Juicy went on sale at Gilt Groupe, and I loved this tunic:
but it was sold out in like 2.2 seconds...bummer. I've also been eyeing this cover up (since I've had my other one since 2004, which I bought at Barneys while working there and living in NYC!)
I almost bought the cutest smocked luggage set by Little English for Mills at Zulily last week (but one of the bags was sold out before I paid, ya gotta be quick!) and 7 for All Mankind is on sale at Rue La La TODAY! Some of these member-only sale sites have great stuff if you can catch the deals! {and if you don't already have an invitation you can click any of the links above or over on my sidebar}

And then I was checking out some new ottomans for our living room.  We bought the coffee table (and end tables) we have now from the previous owner, because at the time we were just married and had a lot of rooms to fill with furniture! Our coffee table has really sharp edges though, and since before we know it we'll have a little mover on our hands, pulling up on everything, I want to get something a little softer. At first I was thinking of an upholstered ottoman, like something from Ballard Designs, but then I remembered the little dirty hands that will be pulling up on it, sweet little gums that may be gnawing on it, etc (and the fact that we eat dinner on our coffee table, umm...a lot), I decided something a little more durable would be a better option. We also don't want to spend a fortune on it at this point. Everyone was such a big help when I was deciding on a dresser/changing table for the nursery, so I thought I'd throw it out there again.  Which of the following four do YOU like the best? 
(sorry there is so much space between the pics, that's just the way they are!)
Hope you're more rested than I am on this Monday morning!! :)

5 comments:

  1. The 1st or 3rd one - and let me tell you - WE LOVE our coffee table ottoman, and leather is a PERFECT choice for grubby hands and drooly mouths! We're actually thinking about recovering ours in a sunbrella fabric just to change it up, but leather is a fabulous option. I may have to lean more towards option 3... you will L.O.V.E an inconspicuous place to hide toys - that's something I wish our ottoman did. Also, we have a tray that we put on ours for drinks, etc. Just a heads up: those sweet slimy hands have a way of pulling it down when they are learning to stand and whacking themselves in the head. It only took us once to learn to put it up during the day. Anyway, good luck! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we picked a leather one with storage and it was great for clean up, and for tossing all of the toys in it!! you will be amazed at how the toys creep into every room!!! it makes it easy for a five minute clean up!! try overstock.com when you find one you like! You can usually find incredible deals on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like option #3. We have a storage ottoman as well and I love it BUT Parker has learned our blankets are in there and he opens it up and pulls the blankets onto the floor. I'm ok with this (even though it makes my living room look like a mess) but I figured I'd mention this since you're preparing for a busy boy! I'm guessing its just a stage and he'll eventually think peek a boo with the ottoman blankets is boring. Hope so! Regardless, all 4 options are nice but #3 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you have the best taste. I would share your wardrobe picks gladly. I love that JC tunic, naturally it would sell out that quick.

    Coffee table wise I like 1 and 3 best. I would choose 1 if it opens and has storage otherwise I'd pick 3. One can never have enough storage, especially with baby toys, I'd imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog and I <3 it! you post such great photos :) I like the first and the third ones best. <3 followed && I just added a new post to my blog you might like!

    http://collegiateroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete