I haven't had much of a chance to read - much less, write - any blog posts around here! Over the last week we've had some play dates, some work done at the house, we're working on getting the nursery/guest room together, AND I had an awesome long weekend in Charleston with some of my favorite girls at a "sprinkle" for Baby Hayes! {thanks so much Leah, Kathy, and everyone else who came! I promise to post pictures as soon as I get them from Leah} :)
It's been a crazy week!
AND, guess who peed and pooped in the potty Tuesday and Wednesday??? This guy! {ha, I actually captured this photo of the very first time....not embarrassing at all, right?!?}
We're actually not doing anything to actively promote potty training right now. As you know, Mills just turned two so I was really planning to wait closer to the summer, when he's around 2 1/2, and after the culture shock of adding a baby brother to the mix...in which case I'm sure he will revert back a little bit and I figured there's no sense in putting a lot of work and effort in something that won't stick...but, on Tuesday I was changing a dirty diaper and he wanted to sit on his little potty and look at a "magazine"...I figured nothing would happen, but boom, he went potty! Then last night before his bath I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty {we have a potty seat in with the seat in our master bathroom}...he did, and I let him prop his feet on his little footstool and take a look at the good ole Southern Living...and he went again! He's still mainly going in his diaper, but I'm happy with this casual potty thing, and I'm really glad he's getting familiar with it, especially per his own terms. Maybe at least we'll have some baby steps toward the potty training down for the summer!
Man, we are loving this nice weather, too - Mills was swinging last night until it was dark outside. And today was beautiful!
And in other news...I'm officially "full term" today...37 weeks - woohoo! At my appointment on Tuesday they hooked me up to the monitor for a little while {just because the heart rate was going up and down and the doctor wanted to be 100% sure everything was okay} - thankfully everything looked normal over a longer time period, but they said I was contracting...so weird because I couldn't even feel it! They didn't check me this week, so not sure about the whole dilation thing, but I'm sure I'll be lucky enough to be checked again at my next appointment, ha! :)
I'm feeling...very pregnant!!!
I'll try to take a picture and post it tomorrow - just for my own record. And that's all for today! We had a work event for Nicholas tonight and I am about to fall over tired! Night, y'all!




No comments:
Post a Comment