Friday, February 24, 2012

On this rainy Friday...

We enjoyed a play date/lunch date with friends earlier today - where we {briefly} played outside, painted, and played with Play Doh...all the makings of a fun day, right??  :)
Then the bottom fell out and we've been practically floating around here!
I tried this soup for lunch, and it was DELISH - perfect for a nasty day like today!  Pick some up for dinner and make your life easier amidst this nasty weather!
Then...on the way home the "hot now" sign was on...so I did what any {pregnant} girl in her right mind would do...
I pulled right in!  Of course the crucial point was the fact that they had a drive-thru, and it was worth every drop of rain pounding into my window for a dozen of those beauties...I mean, we needed a treat for the weekend, right?
And while I'm on the subject of food, I'll fill you in on a couple of other goodies...
These pancakes are amazingly delicious...no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or high fructose corn syrup...and as much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal.  I just put a little light butter on a couple of these in the morning and they are about the best thing ever!
And to throw in something else that's probably not too healthy, but perhaps delicious upon occasion...
Sonic now has sweet potato tots!  I'm not a big fan of fast food, but I pulled into Sonic to get a slushie after my dr. appt. on Tuesday, and these looked yummy - I'm a big fan of anything sweet potato, really.  Unfortunately, they were out! The person in front of me and behind me tried to order them, too.  The nice guy at the window said that the truck was supposed to be there earlier that morning, but got in a wreck...he also said that people were raving about them - have you given these a try?
This post was definitely a Fat Kid Friday kind of post {cosmo radio, anyone?}!  :)  Now I'm off to have a doughnut - Happy Friday! :)

2 comments:

  1. I want a donut right now!!!! I must try those pancakes!!! Can you tell I'm
    Hungry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I lived near a Krispy Kreme :( you are lucky! And those pancakes sound so good- I hope my son enjoys them too!

    ReplyDelete