Friday, December 18, 2009

Dresser decisions...

So this is not a very exciting post...it's more for me to put my options in one place and have you tell me what you think. :)  The last bit of baby room to-do from a furnishing standpoint, is to pick out a dresser/changing table, and since I want to be able to use it later in the room, I want one that I can just pop a changing pad/converter on top of and go. I would post pictures of the room (i know, i know jennifer) :) but it's a big pain right now to have to put my camera data card into my fax machine/printer, then plug that into my work laptop and and wait on all 1148+ (seriously.) pictures to upload then get the few that I need off and post them. However, we do happen to be getting a pretty FABULOUS camera for Christmas from Santa (and Mom) so I'll have no excuses from then on out, and some pretty amazing pictures, too, hopefully! :) So back to the task at hand... the crib is a dark espresso (almost looks black without sunlight) and two of these shelves are hanging above where the dresser/changing table will go (in the middle color, espresso, from Land of Nod):


All of the wood doesn't have to be "matchy matchy," I just want something that has good lines and doesn't clash...oh, and the biggest criteria, it's gotta be less than 40 inches wide, b/c that's all the space we have in this little nook! SO, without further ado, which one do you like best?  I'm not putting prices or where they're from, because I don't want that to skew your thoughts, however, none of them are too ridiculous (after everything else in this little guy's room, i can tell you that)! :)


(sorry that pic can't be any bigger! You can go here to see it, and i might as well tell you since you'll see it that it's the most expensive in the group)
Option 2 - and okay, i might as well tell you the scoop on them all...this one's by Bassett Baby, and it's $169 at overstock.com, w/ free shipping, might i add:

The next one is from amazon.com and is $246.40 (and free shipping). We couldn't use the hutch part now, b/c it would cover our light switches and be too cumbersome, but it is removable and could be used later.

Option #4, $319

#5, from World Market and at their store, $269 and drawer handles could always be changed to something a little daintier

Remember, this would be going in the nursery, then transition to a "big boy" room hopefully later on with two twin beds...something along those lines. I looked like crazy on craigslist for an antique dresser that could be fixed up/painted and work, but no such luck...Oh, and remember the crib is the color of the middle shelf in the top pic...just keep it in mind - oh heck, i'll just post a pic of the crib (of course our bedding is WAY cuter)! :)

whatcha thinkin???

2 comments: