Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mr. Mom

Tonight...in spite of the fact that my husband worked 92 hours last week...he got home a little early and I GOT TO GO TO A MOVIE WITH THE GIRLS!!! :)
We went to see Dear John at Cinebarre (love that concept, love that place!).  I had heard that if you read the book it would be disappointing (which is how it usually works), but since I hadn't read the book, and I didn't go in with super high expectations, I thought it was good! The BEST thing about it was that it was filmed here in Charleston, so it was fun pointing out some of the local spots - plantation homes, restaurants, beaches, and even the hospital (where a few of our husbands live!).  :)  And of course it was wonderful to spend a little time with sweet girlfriends...they had to kick us out of the movie theater after it was over because we stayed in there talking so long.
Nicholas did a great job at home...when I left, Mills was in the Baby Bjorn while Nicholas played video games, and when I got back, Mills was like this  :)
And the bear in the picture was a gift from Auntie Elle, who flew down from Boston this past weekend to meet Mills and hang out with her "southern half!" :)  She was a huge help over the weekend, and SADLY, I got a few pictures of she and Mills, but not.one.single.picture of the two of us together!!! What the heck!?!  She got her fix of Kickin' Chicken Friday night, we had a Saturday lunch at Sermet's Corner (home of one of my very favorite Charleston meals!), and a Sunday brunch at the Fat Hen (to satisfy her craving for creme brulee french toast, mmmm). We were sad to send her back up to the northland, but we're hopeful for another visit in May!
funny faces :)
I took Mills and Harley for a walk this afternoon, and we enjoyed being outside!
Check out that cute lil bear!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!
    I found your blog through Amy...love finding a new blog to follow! Mills is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on such a sweet little blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle looks good with a baby in her arms! :) wink wink :). I hope it's ok if I come Friday! I know how busy things get and how time flies with a little one. Can't wait to get my hands on that sweet boy! I hope he's in the mood to snuggle :).

    ReplyDelete