Sunday, December 12, 2010

Riley Sarah Sowards!!!

Yesterday we headed up to Columbia to meet our dear friends' newest addition...and man, is she gorgeous!!!
Of course, I didn't expect any less...I mean, have you seen her big brother???
Yep, he, too, is a drop-dead-beautiful child.
I mean, have you ever seen a cuter big brother?!?
{kath, i think he looks like you in this last one!}
I could have snapped photos of this little precious love dove all day long...but, you see, there's this thing called sharing...and I had to share her, you know. :)
my sweet friend and I
In case you've forgotten...
Kathy was my roommate for four years, and we've followed along a pretty similar path in our post-college days...you see:
-Kathy and Stephen met 7 months before Nicholas and I {AND they introduced us, major point there}
-Kathy and Stephen got engaged about 8 months before we did
-Kathy and Stephen got married 10 months before we did
-Kathy and Stephen had their first baby - a boy - 16 months before we had Mills
HA, how funny is that?!?
So now Kath can prepare me and give me all the inside tips of what it's like to add another baby to the mix (don't worry friends, we have a while there..). And of course Stephen and Nicholas have been buddies since college, too! We really treasure their friendship!
The whole fam with Riley.
Mills was really excited to meet her. For a while it was a world of boys and the odds were against him...now he has pretty girls galore in his life! :) What a lucky little guy! :)
Mills had fun playing with Will, and thought he had some pretty cool toys, too.
One more shot of the cool big bro!
And back to the sweet little one! I think her face looks A LOT like Will's when he was a newborn...but of course she has all this hair!!!
Kathy said it's hard to believe this one is hers with all of this jet black hair, haha! I'm thinking it'll fall out and come back in blondish in the months ahead!
Kathy is like a pro with two little ones in the house - I was sooo impressed! I already can't wait to get my hands on this precious little girl again soon!
Congrats, Sowards Fam!!! :)

Oh, and before we headed back we swung by to eat at Za's with the little guy - we drove through the Vista and I took a few pics of my old place in Cola...
We had fun reminiscing about fun times with our friends...supper club, concerts, med school flag football games, Nicholas' townhouse and the Burnside drive gang, living 2.2 seconds from a Target {ha, oh wait, that was just me...} and lots of good times that we had there!
{Millsy-bear at Za's}
It was a quick, but fun, little day trip and it was TOTALLY worth it to see Miss Riley Sarah Sowards! :)

2 comments:

  1. Mills looks so big next to Riley!! What beautiful babies y'all have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures!!! (well I do look a BIT sleepy, but, I do love the ones of the kids and you guys!!!) Thank you so much for coming to see us!

    ReplyDelete