Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Help, we're all falling apart!

Haha, so remember my post from Easter about how both Nicholas and I had the "wonky eye?" Well mine spread from my right eye to my left, but it's not to severe...Nicholas' right eye, on the other hand, has kept the nastiness and looks AWFUL!!! He came home from work today and his eye was barely open and pouring fluid down the side of his face - YUCK! All of the lymph nodes on his right side are swollen, and he said his whole face hurts - poor guy! I don't really feel great myself either! And then, sweet little Mills has an ingrown fingernail! It has been red for a few days so today I called the pediatrician and they told me to come in in an hour. They cultured it (as in I had to hold him and SQUEEZE the fluid out of his teeny tiny little hurting finger so the Dr. could swab it!) so I'll know for sure the exact bacteria on Thursday, but they're going ahead and treating it with an antibiotic, Septra, for 10 days. The pediatrician also told me, since it's sulfur-based, "if Mills has any rash within the first 48 hours, take him to the ER b/c it's a life-threatening emergency if he's allergic." No worries there, right?!? I've been keeping a sock on his hand to keep him from keeping his hand in his mouth (which he does pretty much all the time), haha, he looks like he has a little nub. Anywho, keep us little sicklings in your prayers!
On a side note, Mills has been extremely vocal the past two days, I only got about 25 seconds of it on camera a few minutes ago, but he has been doing this ALL THE TIME for about 5 minutes at a time - I love his voice! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sweet little precious chunky monkey!!!!! LOVE the talking!!!!! He was telling you QUITE the story... perhaps telling on Harley? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel Better Wallace Family!!! His cooing is so stinking cute! :) So if you aren't infectious, want to come over tomorrow? I have both kids by myself so we'll probably stay home- but we could play here, go walk, or something fun!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. little mills is adorable! hope you all get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete