Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just another day in paradise...

(well, besides waiting at the Verizon store for 2 hours tonight, but so goes it...)

With THIS guy!!!
He's been working on his sippy cup skills, and he's almost got it all figured out - he just needs a tad bit of help tipping it up.
"Geez Mom, you suuuure do love taking pictures of me, don't ya?!?"
Haha, missing the mouth, little guy! I know, I know...it's hard to concentrate on the task at hand when you're posing for the camera!
CHEERS!!!

Little man is on the move 24/7...crawling is just not good enough. Although fun at first, it has now become merely a means to an end...the ultimate goal - something to pull up on and STAND (well that or an electrical outlet or cord)!!! I've been moving breakable items from anywhere near the floor one at a time...you'd be surprised how much that entails! Looks like I'll be doing some rearranging...
Good thing I didn't buy another shady indoor plant to go in this pot, because it looks like it will be moving outside for a while (it may appear sturdy, but that was only long enough to snap a picture or two!)...
What I just had to capture, was that sweet boy's feet in his daddy's flip flops! Of course Daddy left them there (as he tends do with his shoes all over the house), but they just happened to be in this perfect spot.  Mills' feet were already in the flops, so I just slid his right foot up just a teensy bit...because I couldn't resist! :)
he absolutely positively has his dad's feet!
Look at that big boy standing up!
hehe.
So proud.
So tonight I made this purchase from One Step Ahead:
because I'm thinking it could save this guy from lots of bumps and bruises, electrical shocks, and who knows what else! Of course he won't be chained up in this thing all the time like some kind of little prisoner, just hoping he'll enjoying playing in it for a few minutes at a time so I can do things like cook dinner, check my work email, pee...you know, the necessities - without chasing him around nonstop and just praying that he doesn't get hurt. Not that prayer doesn't work, but I'm just trying to help the odds, haha! :)  Plus, this thing is portable, can be used inside or outside, and the ad showed it around a Christmas tree, too - ah ha! Wouldn't have even thought about that but I can only imagine...these people come up with the most creative things...they must have kids.

4 comments:

  1. Peyton had one of those and she loved it. It came in very handy and there is lots of room to move around. You will both love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also waited at a phone store (AT&T) for an hour... No one speaks English Shhheesh it was difficult! Hurrayyyy to sippy-cuppin'-it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to keep the little fellow safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great gate... until he learns to climb! ha ha! Gates then become a new obstacle to learn to open or climb over! ha ha. Mills is SOO cute! I LOVE the flip flop pictures!

    ReplyDelete