Man, we've had a busy week around here!
Last week I posted about Mills crawling, now he is everywhere - he has really taken off! He especially appears to love things that are "dangerous." You know, computer cords, dresser drawers that he can bump his head on while trying to pull up on them, and did I mention electrical CORDS?!? We can't leave anything plugged in, or this guy makes a beeline to it, and of course - if he doesn't have his paci in - he attempts to put it in his mouth. I'm just waiting on this to actually happen and praying he doesn't get electrocuted!!!
His new crawling skills have also enabled him to become my new little shadow...
He wants to follow me everywhere I go! When I'm getting ready for work (or anything else) I'll sit him in our bedroom right at the edge of our bathroom with some toys. He'll play for a minute or two, then spot me in the bathroom and crawl all the way to me (all the while collecting handfuls and toefuls of my hair, because I'm currently shedding worse than Harley). When he gets to my feet, he'll touch me, look up at me, and then smile the biggest, cheesiest smile up at me, so very proud of himself!!! Ah, I just love him!
As if crawling wasn't a big enough feat, just a few days later (Saturday morning, August 14th - see Mom, I'm documenting!), his first tooth popped through!!! I happened to feel his gums, like I do every couple of days or so, and I felt a little sharp pearly white poking through those sweet gums on the bottom right! Can you believe it?!? Such a BIG boy!!! So far we haven't really noticed any symptoms, but I'm sure the teething monster will rear its ugly head at some point. He did wake up at 5am yesterday morning, and wouldn't go back to sleep until around 6:30 - I thought I was gonna pass out I was so tired the rest of the day, so who knows whether that little tooth had something to do with it or not. He hasn't woken up that early in months and months, so I was sooo worried...but thankfully he was back to normal last night and slept 13 hours, waking up around 9 this morning. Whew!
We had a super fun - and exhausting - weekend! We had a babysitter three nights in a row - Thursday night for a work dinner program, Friday night for a party at the Yoe's (til 1:30 am, crazy kids!), and Saturday night for the OAR concert. Sloan kept Mills Thursday and Friday night (yay!), and on Saturday night we had our first official non-nanny, non-family babysitter, Sam Clyburn. Her dad is the director of the residency program and her mom is an attending at MUSC, too. She is only 15 and I was nervous because Mills had never met her before, but she said he was pretty easy - I hope so!
Now on to the fun stuff...the pictures!
We started our weekend out with a sweet surprise from Auntie Elle and Sam-bob! :) They sent us a "taste of the northland," a cheesecake from NYC - yum! :)
Thanks so much, guys! We miss you and can't wait to bring Mills up to visit - I promise we're gonna plan a trip!
You may be wondering why this sweet little one is only wearing a diaper...well, he was getting ready to take a bath, and when you get this dirty eating dinner...
...then why waste an outfit?!?
:)
"Who, meeeeee???"
"That yummy roasted butternut squash was worth the mess!"
Residents' party at the Yoe's on Friday night...some of the gals...
Robert's dad makes Fits Socks, which just debuted this month, so the Yoes were handing out these comfy little party favors to all of their excited guests. :)
Haha, Ashley proves they can be worn anytime!
They are seriously soooooo comfy!
{oh and Calee, I had a couple more pics from the evening that were pretty funny of your hubs, but they included goblets, and I didn't think they would be as funny now...hehe...}
The OAR concert was great! We're 0 for 2 on them playing our favorite song - Wonderful Day - but we still had a great time!
It started out as a rainy night, so the pictures are thanks to Richard's iphone.
And the saxophonist came up and played right near us!
We had a great weekend, and this week is already off to another busy start!
Oh, and coming up tomorrow...
pictures from our family shoot with Lindsay Alexander!
{these are just a few that Nicholas took with his phone}
We got our CD in the mail today!
and I can't wait to look through them!
:)
See y'all tomorrow!
























Crawling and teething - what a big boy! Mac has a similar death wish; these boys are always drawn to what they SHOULDN'T be touching...
ReplyDeleteAlso, Mac eats "redneck style" in a diaper most nights - for the same reason as Mills. Messy suppers are the most fun, I suppose!
Can't wait to see the photo shoot pics!
Isn't it crazy what they can get into once they are mobile????
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the updated pictures of Mills- he's getting SO big!