Friday, August 6, 2010

Seven Months...continued!

Dear sweet, adorable, precious Millsy-bear,
I really want to take the time to tell you everything you're up to this month - like I usually do in detail each month - but you see, it's midnight, I have to drive four hours in the morning, I just finished doing three hours of computer/admin stuff for work, and when we got in from dinner your daddy accidentally locked his keys in his car and has been trying to break into his own car to unlock it for those same three hours (no luck yet, but he's still out there trying)!!! But as exhausted as I am, I have to at least highlight a couple of things before I get to bed! :)
{official pic was posted yesterday - this was after little mister busy body had had enough chair sitting}
Soooooo...what are you up to this month???
-BIG NEWS: As of yesterday, you officially learned how to pull yourself up and stand in your crib!!! Sloan said when she went to get you after your nap, you were just standing up there looking so proud! :) When I tried to put you down for a nap later in the afternoon, you couldn't sleep b/c you couldn't help but practice your new trick {pull up on the bumper to sit up, one hand on the crib rail, the other hand on the crib rail, pull up to your knees, pull up to standing position, spit your paci across the room, smile and squeal with excitement as you look down on this exciting world outside of your crib with sheer PRIDE} over and over and over again.  I sat in the floor where you couldn't see me and just cracked up at you, big boy!!! :)
-You're almost crawling. You get on all fours and rock back and forth but you haven't quite figured it out yet...any day now, I'm sure!!! You also like to get up on your feet and head and push yourself around, haha. You can easily move around, but you're just not quite efficient yet! 
-You say, "Mamamamamama" whenever you get upset. I love that "mama" is your first word (your dad says it counts, so I'm going with it), and you're becoming quite the little momma's boy...which is completely fine when you're this age (maybe not when you're 25 though) - but like Katie said last night, it doesn't last long, so I might as well just enjoy it! :) You reach for me all the time, and quite often when I hand you to somebody else, you reach back for me. (Secretly my heart melts.)  :)  But you don't get really upset or anything like that, so it's just cute for now.  Also, when you get upset you huff and puff really fast like you're about to lose it, even though you don't...just a tiny bit dramatic. :) Have I mentioned before that you get that from your dad??? (wink, wink!)
you blowing raspberries...
Your sloppy kisses that you love to give me!
Schmeary but cute pics...
You sure do love your daddy, too!
-A couple of days after you turned six months we tried solids for the first time..at first you weren't a fan, and gagged like crazy.  Then I added a little milk and sugar to them to make them tastier so you got used to them (just for about 4 or 5 days), and now you're an old pro! You've had sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, mashed potatoes, grits (hey, you are a southern gentlemen, right?), cauliflower, avocado, carrots, apples, and bananas. So far I've been making everything fresh - did you know I'm quite the baby food gourmet chef?!? :)
-You're about to move up to size 3 diapers, and you're in a wide range of clothing - everything from 0-3 months to 9 months! Mostly the 6-9 month clothes fit you perfectly.
-You're getting a little bit harder to travel with (which babycenter.com says is true about this age, and they know everything), only because you're so used to your crib and aren't crazy about sleeping in a pack and play...but you sleep just fine in between your momma and daddy - which is what we had to do this past weekend at Pappy and Lulu's house! Luckily you caught right back up with your regular crib sleeping when we got home. You're still a great sleeper - 12 hours a night - and you're going to sleep a little earlier now, around 7:45 or 8:00, because you stay up longer in the afternoon. 
-You sat in a highchair for the first time last night at dinner! You've been ready for a while now, but mommy wanted to wait until she had one of those little nifty highchair covers first. Ah-ha - little did I know that the highchair puts you at just the right spot to gnaw on the table when I'm not looking...so much for the highchair cover keeping those nasty germs away, huh?!? Guess I'm just going to have to start bringing sanitizing wipes and wiping the edges of the table first, because nothing's gonna stop you! We also tested out a sippy cup for the first time (hey, it was a BIG day), but you couldn't quite figure it out...maybe next time, bud! :)
Big boy at the table!
Checking everything out...
We were having dinner with the Heards and the Yoes at Triangle...and something about that place causes diaper dilemmas, oh my! If you read about the last time we ate there, and the diaper explosion (which was the first time that had happened), we had a similar problem...except it happened earlier in the night...
(sorry, bud)
...And I didn't bring an extra outfit...let me tell you, that won't happen again! This resulted in a naked (diapered, of course) baby at the table while we waited for our check! Luckily this place is totally laid-back. We joked with the waitress that we hoped they didn't have a "No shoes, no shirt, no service" policy. :) Thanks to Katie and a super nice lady in the bathroom, we got everything cleaned up and good to go! :)
{I will put a few extra - and less embarrassing - pics right here once Calee posts hers and I steal them! :)  Too much was going on for me to pull my camera back out, so she said she wouldn't mind!}

Okay, it's 1 am...gotta wrap this up although I know I'm forgetting things...I could go on and on about you. 
Hands down, the best 7 months of our lives!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment