Thursday, September 2, 2010

Movin' on Up...

I got a promotion today, 
and it's a new job that I'm REALLY excited about!!!

Today I met with my manager to discuss and prepare for my new position.
There are a few changes with this new job, you see...

No company car (turned in the good ole Chevy Impala).
I'm taking a MAJOR pay cut.
This job requires nights and weekends, and there is no vacation accrual.
No sick days.
No annual reviews and ride-alongs.
No raises; no quarterly bonuses.
No business trips or lavish work dinners out on the town.
I have to work all holidays, too.

You may be thinking - that really doesn't sound like a promotion - but let me introduce you to the person I'll be "managing"...

It might just change your mind...
Yes, this gentleman and I will have lots of work play to keep us busy.
There will be lots of "business meetings" (with FRIENDS!), many "working lunches," and plenty of team-building exercises, "role-playing" (not quite the type I'm used to in a grueling sales job), and training to be completed!
Lucky for me, I'll have a very enthusiastic, fast-moving, ADORABLE "employee." :)

And my sweet, precious boss (he wouldn't let me call him that) co-worker (aka head of our household)... he's not too bad either!!! :) I'm pretty crazy about him, actually!

We celebrated tonight by enjoying the beautiful weather, and the beginning of the college football season!

We've been so blessed to have Sloan in our lives - she's done an amazing job keeping Mills since I've been back at work...
But thankfully we're just right down the road from each other and will be having weekly lunch dates! :)
(I just got a picture of these two for the first time TODAY!)
Mills and I just adore her!!! :)

This will definitely be an adjustment for us, as we'll be making some major budgeting changes while Nicholas is finishing up residency, but after much prayer and petition, we feel confident that this is the best decision for our family.

So as of next week, I'll be starting my dream job, and I couldn't be more thriled. :)

9 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! As you know, I didn't work for 2 years after you were born.....every moment is precious with a little one, they grow up so fast (and sometimes move far away from you) Cherish every day!
    Love you,
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to LOVE it! It's what us mothers are made for, caring wholeheartedly for our children...and husbands too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! so exciting!!!!!!! it will be worth every budget cut in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so wonderful for y'all- I know how stressed you've been with balancing it all! I can't believe you did it as long as you did. Mills is a lucky man! :)
    xoxo,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on landing the best job in the world! Love y'all and I know Mills is a happy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's the BEST and most rewarding job in the whole world! I'm so thrilled for you! Daniel and I made that though decision too and God has provided infinitely more than we planned or hoped for. I just know you're going to love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Enjoy your time with your sweet boy! Wish we could have seen you this weekend :(. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you'll be a stay at home Mom. This is a luxury in today's world! Congrats!

    xoxo
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this big news, but I am so excited for you! (I hate to burst your bubble, sweet girl, but you'll be HIS employee, not the other way around, ha ha!) Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete