Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hippity, Hoppity, Easter's on its Way!

We had a busy, fun-filled day today! We started off with a trip to the mall, because I realized I had completely forgotten about having Mills' picture made with the Easter Bunny!!! And although completely cheesy, what kind of mom would I be if I didn't take him to meet the Easter Bunny for his very first EASTER!?!? Haha, right? So of course I shelled out the $40 for the photo CD so I could share this sweet picture with all of you!
Worth it?? ABSOLUTELY! :)
And of course this little froggy came *free* with our purchase! :)
I actually shopped around a little bit while Mills did this:
And we got lots of goodies at Target to help the Easter Bunny fill Mills' basket.
When we got home, we got busy making Rice Krispies Easter egg treats. Mills was such a big help! ;)
He did a great job "stirring"...
And just plain looking cute!
Afterwards, he wanted to show dad just how hard he worked, so we did the ole "toss a little flour on your face" trick from the old commercials! :)
hehe
Slap worn out, I tell ya! :)
After all that mess, we had to clean up a little with a nice warm and relaxing bath.
And then we headed out to dinner at Sesame - a great burger joint that is actually in the mall (a little ghetto, yes...did we make fun of Leah and Matt when they told us that they eat at the mall Sesame about once a week? Yes. Was it amazingly delish? YES!!!) :)
We just got in, and now it's time to decorate our rice krispies eggs (next year we'll be dying real eggs, too, just like we've always done with my family!) and put Mills' easter basket out in the yard so the Easter Bunny can fill it when he hops through tonight! Do ya'll do that??? I love traditions, and that's something I always did growing up, that my dad did when he was growing up! And then on Easter morning, you run outside to see your fabulously filled basket! 
Mills can hardly wait.

3 comments:

  1. Wish we were there to see him enjoy it. I miss all our fun Easters we had together. Give Mills a kiss from all of us. We love you. HAPPY EASTER !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to start off my Easter....we miss you so much but I am so thankful for "The Blog" so that you can share this with us! Just like sis, I miss the fun of Easter as well, but I am looking forward to next year!
    Happy Easter!
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, this is the cutest!! I love that he helped you make the rice krispies, his face is priceless!! Such a good helper!

    ReplyDelete